Knutson Construction is accepting applications for Construction Workers to join our team in our Iowa City Construction Field. “Together We Make Dreams Real” – that’s our purpose as a company and we exist to work in concert with each other, owners, design professionals, and subcontractors to make the journey as stress-free as possible. Together, we’ve created a dynamic, fun, inspiring environment where we can be ourselves and grow each day. At Knutson, opportunities to shine happen daily. We value what makes you different and empower you to act on your ideas. Our culture is one that encourages, supports, and feels like a family.
This position is responsible for working with others to construct various projects in a team-oriented environment. The goals of the team never varies safety, quality, and timeliness. Knutson Construction workers are reliable, exacting, safe professionals who exceed our customers’ expectations every time.
Measures, cuts, places, secures and adjusts concrete formwork, scaffolding, masonry, structural and miscellaneous steel, light gauge metal framing members, fencing, dimension lumber, sheet goods, millwork, casework, insulation, waterproofing, metal and composite panels, roofing, sheet metal, caulking, doors, frames, hardware, windows, lath, gypsum products, plaster, fireproofing, finishes of all types, specialties, equipment, furnishings, and a variety of pre-engineered building products.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Required to work on elevated and suspended scaffolding, ladders, and multi-level structures at floor openings.
- Safely erects and uses ladders, scaffolding, and platforms on multi-level structures.
- Erect loose frame shoring towers for supported slabs, assembly of various wall and column formwork by hand or mechanical hoisting.
- Erect temporary enclosures for heating of concrete placement in winter conditions and/or masonry operations.
- Transports materials by hand, wheelbarrow, or buggy on walkways and through obstacle-ridden surfaces.
- Pour, place, and screed concrete for long periods on a daily basis.
- Measure, cut, fabricate, place and secure form work using wood and metal material either with a crane and/or by hand.
- Dismantles and/or strips concrete formwork and falsework.
- Measure, fabricate and install handrails, barricades, walkways, scaffold, ladders, platforms, doors, windows, etc.
- Patch and jackhammer concrete utilizing air hammers weighing 100 plus pounds.
- Finish, mix, and apply special coatings to concrete surfaces.
- Flag person and watchman as required.
- Light chipping work, clean up, sweeping, janitorial duties, material handling and sorting.
- Accurate, precise layout and measurement of work for self and others.
- Perform other similar duties as required by supervisor.
- Always uses appropriate safety precautions.
- With additional and/or specialized training, weld various ferrous and non-ferrous metal and operate various pieces of heavy equipment, hoists, and cranes.
- Able to perform General Carpentry tasks, such as in- wall blocking, Roof blocking, basic finish carpentry.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffolds, stoop, kneel, twist, bend, and crouch in awkward positions; use hands and arms to reach for, handle, and manipulate objects which could exceed 75 pounds with elevations of 20 feet on scaffolds, swing stages, wall forms and shore tower. Requires good eyesight (either natural or with correction), flexibility to accommodate pushing, pulling, sweeping, lifting, hoisting, and climbing. Requires the ability to hear equipment in the immediate area that could create a personal hazard.
- Good attendance
- Good attitude
- Quality workmanship
- Job site safety
- Ability to work efficiently at all tasks
Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Problem solving skills to overcome obstacles during the process of the job and a good aptitude for math.
- Knowledge of the various construction processes gained through either prior experience, vocational or technical training.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.