Knutson Construction is accepting applications for a Project Accountant to join our team in our Minneapolis office. “Together We Make Dreams Real” – that’s our purpose as a company and we exist to work in concert with each other, owners, design professionals and subcontractors to make the journey as stress-free as possible. Together, we’ve created a dynamic, fun, inspiring environment where we can be ourselves and grow each day. At Knutson, opportunities to shine happen daily. We value what makes you different and empower you to act on your ideas. Our culture is one that encourages, supports, and feels like a family.
* For the right candidate, our company will consider a fully remote work model. Candidates within the Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN market are preferred and will be eligible for a reasonable hybrid schedule.
We invite you to make your dream real as you build your future with Knutson Construction in the role of Full-time Project Accountant. In your role as a Project Accountant, you will be busy reviewing and working with owner contracts preparing accurate, timely and monthly project billings.
Your day will include:
- Tying out and posting A/R
- Reviewing owner contracts and identifying contractual terms for billing purposes
- Preparing project billings in support of project team
- Reviewing and coding project related invoices including analyzing for proper sales tax and discounts
- Understanding subcontractors insurance requirements and providing assistance to the project team in monitoring and subcontractor insurance compliance
- Reviewing and collecting appropriate team waivers
- Monitoring and communicating with the project team on tracking A/R
To aid your success at Knutson we ask that you be an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Have a desire to learn and accept new challenges and can adapt to changes in the work environment while managing multiple projects. We do prefer you have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting and a minimum of five years’ experience preferably as a Project Accountant. Proficiency in using accounting software and Excel is needed. Any experience with CMIC and/or Textura is an added plus.
In return for your dedication and support we will offer you a full range of benefits to include:
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
If this fits what you are looking for and you enjoy a fast paced, fun atmosphere in a professional setting we invite you to apply and we look forward to reviewing your resume.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.